Social Distancing in A Social Space•
Posted on June 18 2020
Yoga is a practice that focuses on breath. It's been proven that there is a neurophysiological link between breath control and a steady mind. By steadying the breath or practicing breath control you reduce stress hormones that compromise the immune system. By practicing deeper inhales and exhales you condition the lungs and respiratory tract, stimulating the lymphatic system to flush toxins from the body and cycle oxygenated blood to the various organs to optimize function. A well balanced yoga class works on every single muscle and organ in your body by integrating a mix of deep twisting, balance and meditation. This is why it is so important to continue your yoga practice during these unstable times.
Being that yoga is so breath focused, and exhales release body waste in the form of carbon dioxide, students are not required to wear a mask while practicing. In fact, it would be detrimental to ones health.
These are the things that we have decided to do instead.
1. Students and teachers will have their temperature taken upon arrival to class.
2. Students must wear their masks into the studio as well as out of the studio. You can only remove your mask once you are on your mat.
3. Students and teachers must practice social distancing when standing in line for class. If it's possible, we are asking that you remain in your car for as long as you can before the class starts.
4. We will not be renting mats for at least a month
5. We will steam clean the floors with disinfectant every day.
6. We will use an antibacterial floor cleaner
Please help everyone by practicing safe habits when coming to the studio. And if you don't feel comfortable coming to class in person, you can ZOOM with us!!
Live DJ Class with ...
Calling all my flow yogis and yoginis. It's time to Power Up your Saturday sunset session with soulful music so deep and sexy you can't help but da...Read More
Lululemon Take Over...
It's that time of the year, where community comes first. During the week of June 22-27, in celebration of the opening of the new Ala Moana Lululemo...Read More
Social Distancing i...
Yoga is a practice that focuses on breath. It's been proven that there is a neurophysiological link between breath control and a steady mind. By st...Read More